The MHSHS Parents’ Association welcomes every family to the 2015-2016 school year. We hope to work with all of you and support the needs and goals of our MHSHS students. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kevin Froner and with your support, School year 2014-2015 was extraordinarily successful.
This year every NYC Public School’s budget has been severely cut. So we need your financial support more than ever before just to stay even. Some projects we hope to sustain with your help include:
1. Augment classroom equipment and supplies – goal $20,000
2. Finance College/SAT Prep program for students (A-List Tutoring Services) – goal$8,000.00
3. Fund the fresh water filtration system our students – goal $1,200.00
4. Provide healthy snacks for PSAT test prep and afterschool programs – goal $2,000.00
5. Support financing school camping trips, college tours, senior trip and special projects – goal $10,000
The total fundraising goal for the 2015-2016 school year is $41,200.00.
There are multiple options allowing everyone to participate:
1. Contribute to the Parent Association - The suggested donation is $200 (please see attached donation form). This contribution can be made in a lump sum or multiple payments (for example, $5/10/20 a month). No contribution is too big or too small and whatever contribution you are able to make will be greatly appreciated. Our goal is to have 100% participation.
2. Attend monthly CoffeeTalk/ PA meetings - Come hear Principal Froner’s plans for the 2015-2016 school year, help set goals for the Parents Association
3. Use your skills/time to work on PA committees (e.g. fundraising, outreach, web management, school beautification projects).
4. Support/participate in PA events throughout the year.
5. Join the Executive Board as Corresponding Recording Secretary
We hope that you will join us in making this school year another great success! Please respond to the survey link with your ideas/suggestions. You can also contact us anytime via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org We believe parent engagement is the key factor to every student’s success!
Best Regards, Yovanne Chery and Alec Geyser MHSHS PA Co-Presidents