MHSHS Special Education Department
The MHSHS Special Education Department works closely with students, teachers and families to:
- Manage caseload of students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Conduct IEP meetings (compile teacher reports, interview students, give vocational assessments)
- Write IEPs, including present levels of performance, annual goals and other sections
- Engage parents regarding educational and other needs.
- Provide students with social emotional support.
- Provide students with academic support services utilizing co-teaching and resource room reinforcement of subject area content
- Providing testing accommodations, such as a small distraction-free setting and extra time on state and local assessments
- Transition activities- planning of post-secondary goals and work experiences to support those
- School to college transition- applying for college testing accommodations
- Links to agencies providing post-secondary services as needed
- Engage in co-teaching activities in the classroom, as well as planning units, creating modifications, and co-teaching lessons.